One way to keep up with instant messaging and communication is by getting yourself an email. You can get free online email services from various webmail services, Hotmail being a popular one. Windows Live Hotmail is now called “Outlook” or “Outlook.com” and provided by Microsoft free of charge to anyone who wished to utilize it. One can access it from any web browser from any location, anywhere in the world.
Before you can sign in or login on Hotmail, you must first register or create an account. In order to do so follow the steps below:
- Start any web browser.
- Go to the Hotmail website from this link and you would see the options to sign in or sign up with a Hotmail address and with Windows Live. Choose the “Create one!” option below the “Next” button.
- Fill out the necessary fields in the sign up page with information such as your personal information, contact information, and etc.
- Answer the Captcha given. This is to prevent spam.
- Check the “Send me promotional offers from Microsoft.” box if you want to receive updates from them. Uncheck it if you are not interested in receiving updates and offers from Microsoft.
- Select the button “Create Account”. Take note that when clicking the “Create Account” button, you would have to agree to the agreements and statements given by Microsoft. It is not necessary to read them but you would have to agree to them in order to utilize their services.
Once you have finished signing up, you can now sign in and access your Hotmail emails by following the steps below:
- Visit the Hotmail website.
- You will be prompted to enter either the email you signed up with, the phone number you signed up with, or with your Skype name.
- Select the “Next” button.
- You would be prompted to enter the password for the account that you have entered above. If you have enabled the “remember my password on this site” option, it is not necessary to enter your password unless you changed it.
- You can select to check the box for “Keep me signed in” in order for the system to not log you out whenever you exit the website. This allows you to revisit the website anytime you want as long as the computer has not been shut off at the period.
- If you forgot your password, you can click the blue link “Forgot my password” to recover your account password.
- Select the “Sign In” button. And you are done!